The tropical gardens have a fine collecion of heloconiae, lilies, orchids and bromeliads and even a little ‘zen’ area.
The public areas display a museum standard collection of contemporary Costa Rican art including work from the young masters of the Grupo Bocaraca.
Our reading room has a small library of books about Costa Rica and internet access for guests.
A wide balcony looks out towards the Irazu volcano. A great spot to breakfast, sunbathe or to enjoy a sundowner or two.
Our bilingual receptionists offer a complete range of tourism services including booking shuttle bus services to beach and mountain areas, local flights, car rentals and airport transfers. We pride ourselves on our service and knowledge of Costa Rica and its capital and will be delighted to help you with any advice you need or help you with any problems that you may encounter during your visit to our country. If you are spending a few days in San Jose, you may be interested in one of the one day tours that we can offer
ONE DAY TOURS
1. SAN JOSE CITY TOUR: Visit the city’s principal attractions, such as the National Museum and National Theatre - then go souvenir shopping.
2. POAS VOLCANO & SARAPIQUI JUNGLE ADVENTURE: Tour by bus, boat
and foot of the dense rainforest of the northern lowlands includes a visit to the
Selva Verde reserve and crater of the Poas volcano.
3. THE COFFEE TOUR: Learn about the processing of Costa Rica’s most important export from the bush to your morning cup on a functioning plantation in the mountains of Heredia.
4. RAINFOREST AERIAL TRAM: Ride through the treetops of the Braulio Carillo
National Park with a trained naturalist guide.
5. WHITEWATER RAFTING: World class rafting through the jungle on the rivers
Revantazon, Sarapiqui and Paquare in grade 1 – V whitewater depending on
ability and experience.
6. PACIFIC ISLAND CRUISE: Swimming and snorkelling in the crystal waters
Tortuga, an uninhabited island in the Gulf of Nicoya, after a 90 min cruise from
the Pacifc port of Puntarenas.
7. POAS VOLCANO & SARCHI OXCART FACTORY: The 9,000 ft active
volcano has the world’s largest geyser in its crater lake. Sarchi is a village of
woodworkers among the coffee and cane plantations in the foothills of the
8. IRAZU VOLCANO, LANKASTER GARDENS & OROSI VALLEY: At 11,300
feet, Irazu is Costa Rica’s highest volcano; on a clear day you can see both the Pacific and the Atlantic from the summit. You will also visit the nearby botanical gardens and the scenic Orosi valley, home to Costa Rica’s oldest colonial church..
9. ARENAL VOLCANO & TABACON: The Americas’ most consistently active volcano is in almost constant eruption and a visit is a once in a lifetime experience. Relax in the Tabacon hotsprings as night falls and watch the lava flows above you.
10. LA PAZ WATEFALL GARDENS: Highlight is the walk past a series of five
spectacular 100 ft plus waterfalls but there are also extensive hiking trails, a
butterfly farm and humming bird garden in this excellent private reserve.
11. TURU BA RI TROPICAL PARK: This large new private reserve on the Pacific slope offers naturalist guided hikes, canopy tour and horseback riding.
12. CARARA BIOLOGICAL RESERVE: This reserve on the banks of the river
Tarcoles is an excellent place to see wildlife – particularly Toucans, Macaws and
twelve foot plus crocodiles.
13. CANOPY TOUR: Combines the adreneline of flying through the treetops at high speed with a facinating look at the eco-system of the rainforest canopy.
14. TORTUGUERO NATIONAL PÁRK: (Overnight or 2 nights, 3 days).
only by water or air the coastal rainforest of the northern Carribean coast is the
nesting ground of the geen sea turtle (July – September). A boat safari with a
naturalist gude through the lagoons and backwaters is a fascinating experience.
San José, Costa Rica. Tel: (506) 225-4543. Fax: (506) 225-7801. e-mail: [email protected]
Designed by Javier Martín